Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Barn Board Kitchen

Barn Board Kitchen shelving

Open shelving in a rustic contemporary kitchen


I have always wanted open shelving in my kitchen but didn't like the look of store bought shelves. So I decided to get some barn boards (mine come from an old barn more than 100 yrs old). I got them sanded, cut and glued to fit my kitchen. I then stained them in light walnut Danish oil to give it a more rustic and aged look. The boards are oak and after staining the grain of the wood show a bit of golden undertone. I absolutely love the look of a rustic contemporary kitchen and so I decided to go with the dark satin and to contrast the dark stain I chose nickel brackets. I am happy how the kitchen looks for now but still there are few areas that I would be tackling in the next few days. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment